If you have any questions that you don’t see addressed here, please contact us.

Q: Do you charge an hourly rate for questions that come up throughout the year?
A: No, our monthly clients are welcome to call or email anytime they have a question. In fact we’d prefer you ask. We want to be available as a resource, and our goal is to make life easier for you, not to nickel and dime you.

Q: Do you calculate sales tax and/or payroll taxes as a part of your monthly service?
A: Yes we do. Unless you prefer to do it yourself, we will calculate your monthly/quarterly sales tax and either file the return online or have the forms filled out and ready to mail in. We also calculate payroll taxes and file quarterly 941 returns. If you are writing your own payroll checks, we can do all of the management reporting.

Q: How would I get my information to you every month so that you can do the bookkeeping?
A: For most of our clients, we obtain accountant access to their bank and credit card accounts and download monthly statements ourselves. We have other clients that prefer to email the statements and activity, mail them, or work out a pick-up/drop-off system. Our goal is to create as little work for you as possible, and figure out the method that is easiest for you.

Q: Do you prepare income tax returns for individuals/trusts?
A: Absolutely.

Q: How about Form 2290 (Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return)
A: Yep, we can file these for you as well.

Q: As a sole proprietor, when are my estimated tax payments due?  Can you tell me how much to pay?
A: To avoid a penalty for underpayment of your taxes, quarterly tax estimates should be made on the 15th of April, June, September, and January. Remember that the second and third quarter estimates are due in June and September, before those quarters have even finished. And sure, give us a call if you need some help calculating how much you should be paying. Depending on your prior year liability and a couple of other factors, you may not be required to make any estimated payments. Visit this site for more information on the underpayment penalty.

Q: I’m just a sole proprietor with no employees. Am I too small to work with you?
A: There are no specific limits on being too small or too big for us to work together. We work exclusively with small businesses, but that includes sole proprietors/single-member LLCs with no employees, corporations with 40 or 50 employees, and everyone in between. If you’re not sure if our services could help you, contact us and schedule a free 30 minute consultation.

Q: I’m considering hiring one or more employees (or converting a contractor to employee status). Is that something you can help with?
A: We have several different options for payroll services, so it’s likely we can fit one to your situation. For clients that want a minimum hassle, we offer full service payroll that includes direct deposit and/or printed checks.

Q: Can you help with Texas franchise tax returns?
A: Absolutely! We typically prepare our clients’ franchise tax return in conjuction with their federal income tax return. If you are currently not in good standing with the state, we can help with that as well.

Q: Can you prepare 1099s or W-2s for my business?
A: Yes we can. Be aware that the government copies of forms W-2 and W-3 need to be printed on special paper. You can prepare these yourself (blank copies of the forms are free from the IRS, see http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online-Ordering-for-Information-Returns-and-Employer-Returns), but for those who would rather avoid the hassle, we can file them electronically. Note that W-2s and 1099s are now due in January, which is earlier than it has been in prior years.

Q: Can you deal with the IRS on my behalf?
A: Yes; Matt in an Enrolled Agent. Enrolled Agents are the only federally licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS.

Q: Do you have any tax tips for me?
A: If you’re interested, we would recommend that you subscribe to our monthly newsletter. It’s free, and it contains useful tax information for the given month.